Grapevine Strategies is an independent company that specialises in the creation of new business for our clients. Our experienced team can advise on a wide range of issues from telemarketing to face-to-face pitches and sales meetings.
The extensive knowledge and expertise in the art of winning new business that we have accumulated is now dedicated to a consultancy which:
• Offers new business strategies together with new business leads
• Delivers by a select team of highly motivated professionals, who are all experienced telemarketers with their own specialist industry knowledge
• Guides clients - every step of the way if they choose - towards new business wins
Essentially we provide you with your own 'inside track' to what's happening in your market place, by creating strategies for
• Increasing the presence of your brand
• Keeping in touch with developments and opportunities
• Getting you in front of key decision makers when there are genuine opportunities to discuss
We achieve all this by generating intelligent dialogue between our clients and the companies they are targeting. That means knowing enough about you and your targets to ensure that we make truly meaningful matches.
We are in the business of new business. By tapping into our expertise you can make the best use of your energies and resources. This leads to the best new business tool of all - client satisfaction.
As soon as we are appointed we guide clients through a four-stage process to create and implement a sound new business strategy:
1. Getting to know you
We start by finding out everything we can about you, your culture and your ethos so that we can act as an 'extension' to your own in-house resource. We distil this information into an agreed format that experience tells us will have most impact and resonance over the phone when we start contacting targets.
2. Database creation
Together we create a database of companies you wish to target. In the research that follows we can pinpoint key decision makers and source latest news and information about the target. This allows meaningful dialogue to be initiated as soon as contact is made. Another key feature of our process is that we determine the best timing for potential opportunities.
3. The Contact programme
The Contact programme is undertaken by professionals who all specialise in new business creation. We are experienced at judging the right moment to call, how to gain immediate attention and how to actively engage the people we target so that meaningful dialogue can begin.
For an insight into our team's 'top tips' click here
As soon as the contact programme begins, we send or email our weekly report detailing the dates and hours worked and the total number of calls made (we average 70 calls each day), meetings booked and background data to help you towards conversion, 'Hot leads' generated with relevant action list and feedback from each contact - summarised with key points and follow up timings.
• We are careful not to work for clients with similar skill sets, so you won't run into anybody we work for at the same pitch meeting!
• If calls need to be made outside the hours allocated to your Contact Programme, we can make them.
• Our charges are based on an hourly rate. Our Initial Agreement is just three months which allows you to try us out and lets us show you just how effective we are.
• The costs of database creation, research and initial familiarisation are amortised throughout the trial period and are included within our basic monthly charge.
Having instigated 'intelligent dialogue' with target companies for you, we go further in terms of converting that dialogue to a new business win.
Many clients use our expertise in the area of conversion, valuing the insight and know how that comes from our being dedicated to new business day in, day out. The final decision in appointing a new supplier can often come down to seemingly minor details that we are well placed to anticipate and help you get right. An objective viewpoint, which can only come from outside your main team, is invaluable.
Additional services that Grapevine Strategies provide include:
• Detailed research on target clients
• Advice on pitch content, strategy and differentiation
• Review of presentation format, materials and delivery
• Coaching your pitch team to make it memorable
For a successful first meeting with your new business targets - download a First Appointment Checklist by clicking here
• Opening - judging how to pitch the conversation
• Modalities - understanding whether the person's 'preferred think style' is visual, auditory or kinaesthetic and applying appropriate language accordingly
• Use of language - deliberate use of positive, reinforcing language
• Listening - at least as important as the chat! Knowing how to listen and having the ability to recognize opportunities
• Closing - the ability to successfully close a conversation once an opportunity has been discovered
Here are some simple tips you might like to use yourself:
• Smile when you are on the phone - a smile can always be 'heard'
• Body Language - can also be 'heard' - try standing up to 'energise' your conversation
• Focus - have a clear focus on the outcome of every conversation
• Speed Repetition - repeat in your mind everything the other person says. This can help you to understand where the other person is coming from
• Mirroring - emulate the tone, rhythm, volume and breathing of the person you are calling and it will help to create rapport
• Action Point - Never leave the site of a conversation without creating a further reason to contact them
• Record Keeping - Note the details of all calls. Not only will this avoid inevitable confusion, but being able to refer to past conversations will show that they are important to.
020 8663 6611
020 8663 6655
Grapevine Strategies Limited
8-12 Bromley Road
Kent BR3 5JE